Continuing Treatments

By the time I get this posted, I will have completed six treatments. Yippee. Six down and fourteen to go. I know that this could be so incredibly much worse, but I still don’t like it. I am trying really hard to focus on the bright side; but at 2am, when I’m dealing with a 102 fever and I feel like I’m being crushed under the weight of something extreme, my “bright side” vision gets a little blurred.

So, every day at 3:30, I check in. As if you don’t feel bad enough coming in for treatment every single day, they want you to WEIGH! Every single day. Seriously? Even in the middle of all of this, the number on that scale has an effect. Oh well, moving on…

Then I get all seated in this truly comfortable chair – every living room should have one. Personally, I like the tray that swings around in front of me. It’s strong enough for my laptop – and one ALWAYS needs a place for one’s laptop. But for those of you who are all aghast thinking “I can’t believe she’s WORKING thru her treatments,” take a deep breath. I don’t know if this place has a wireless internet connection. I’m not going to ask. I don’t want to know. I am not working. I am choosing to pass the time (today, at least) by writing.

So, for an hour, I sit here while the medicine drips into my chest, into a large vein right above my heart. It immediately gets dumped into my heart for distribution into the rest of my body. By the time I get home, I’m already starting to feel the effect. In the short term, I feel tired and have been just the slightest bit nauseous. By the time the evening rolls on, I start to have flu-like symptoms, similar to what I described from night one. I am very grateful for a four-hour block of sleep.

Coming in for treatment yesterday (Monday) was very hard mentally. They say that Mondays will be the hardest – the first treatment after the weekend. Last week was HARD; I couldn’t imagine it being any worse. Like a goob, I stewed over it all day. I was in tears by the time I got here yesterday.

I made it through the treatment. Of course I did. And I even survived the night. I don’t know if it was the extra Benadryl I took before I went to bed, or the peace granted me by a very gracious God, but I slept all night. Thank you, Father. Nights like that are priceless.

Anyway, I’ll keep doing this for three more weeks. Thanks for the continued prayers.


Comments on: "Continuing Treatments" (2)

  1. Praying for you, Kathy. God adores you even more than we do, and He can handle this. I pray that you are healed completely and soon without any pain.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: